Proverbs are said as the old sayings...And old is said to be gold...Yes and gold is said to be proverbs...If you are searching for gold,then this is your gold spot...
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
- Actions speak louder than words.
- After the feast comes the reckoning.
- All that glitters is not gold.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
- Bad news travels fast.
- Barking dogs seldom bite.
- Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
- Beggars can't be choosers.
- The best things in life are free.
- Better a live coward than a dead hero.
- Better late than never.
- Better safe than sorry.
- The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
- A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
- Birds of a feather flock together.
- Blood is thicker than water.
- Charity begins at home.
- Clothes do not make the man.
- Curiosity killed the cat.
- Do as I say, not as I do.
- Don't bite off more than you can chew.
- Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
- Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
- Don't cry over spilled milk.
- Don't judge a book by its cover.
- Don't judge a man until you've walked in his boots.
- Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
- Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
- Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today.
- Don't put the cart before the horse.
- Familiarity breeds contempt.
- The first step is always the hardest.
- A fool and his money are soon parted.
- Forewarned is forearmed.
- A friend in need is a friend indeed.
- A friend who shares is a friend who cares.
- Good things come in small packages.
- The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
- Haste makes waste.
- He who hesitates is lost.
- He who laughs last, laughs best.
- Hindsight is better than foresight.
- If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
- If you can't beat them, join them.
- If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
- Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
- In unity there is strength.
- It never rains but it pours.
- It takes two to tango.
- Leave well enough alone.
- A leopard cannot change its spots.
- Lightning never strikes twice in the same place.
- Look before you leap.
- Love is blind.
- Love makes the world go round.
- Make hay while the sun shines.
- Man does not live by bread alone.
- A man is known by the company he keeps.
- Might makes right.
- Misery loves company.
- A miss is as good as a mile.
- Money does not grow on trees
- Necessity is the mother of invention.
- No news is good news.
- No pain, no gain.
- Nothing hurts like the truth.
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained
- Old habits die hard.
- One good turn deserves another.
- One man's gravy is another man's poison.
- One swallow does not a summer make.
- The pen is mightier than the sword.
- Possession is nine-tenths of the law.
- Practice makes perfect.
- The proof of the pudding is in the eating
- The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
- Rome wasn't built in a day.
- The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
- The squeaking wheel gets the oil.
- Strike while the iron is hot.
- There is no honor among thieves.
- There's more than one way to skin a cat.
- There's no fool like an old fool.
- There's no place like home.
- Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.
- Too many cooks spoil the broth.
- Two heads are better than one.
- Two's company, but three's a crowd.
- Variety is the spice of life.
- The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
- When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
- When the cat's away, the mice play.
- Where there's smoke, there's fire.
- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
- You can't have your cake and eat it too.
- You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
- You have to take the good with the bad.
- You reap what you sow.
- You're never too old to learn.